File Explorer by Skyjos
In today’s post, we look at how to share files to an iPhone or iPad from a Mac or PC, all connected to the same network. This process requires an app called FE File Explorer by Skyjos.
If you are interested in learning how to share files between a Mac and a PC on the same network, please visit this recent post of ours.
FE File Explorer works on both iPhone and iPad. It allows you to access local files, files on your computer and NAS (network-attached storage). In addition, the app also works with popular cloud storage solutions such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
On the App Store, the app has a free version called File Explorer, and a paid version for $4.99, called File Explorer Pro.
Among other restrictions, the free version only allows one connection at the same time. It also does not support as many file formats like MKV and AVI.
Using the app to share files from a Mac or PC to an iPhone or iPad is a very easy process, and here’s how.
How to Share Files from Mac or PC to iPhone or iPad
First, make sure your iPhone or iPad and Mac or PC are connected to the same network.
Then you need to get the IP address of your Mac or PC.
- On a Mac, hold down the option key and click on the Wi-Fi icon on the menu bar (top right corner)
- On a PC, left-click on the network icon located on the status bar (bottom right corner). Then click on Properties and in the next screen that appears, scroll down to the bottom to view the IP address
Once you have the IP address of your Mac or PC, launch File Explorer on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the ＋ button on the top right corner to add a connection.
- Choose either macOS or Windows for the new connection.
- Give the connection a name, then type your Mac or PC’s IP address into “Host Name/IP” and tap Save.
- You’ll then see the new connection on the app’s main screen.
- Tap on the new connection and you’ll be prompted to type in a user name and password.
- Type in the user name and password you use to access your Mac and PC and tap Login.
You are now ready to view files in the shared folder and stream media to your iPhone or iPad.
Do you have an app that you use for sharing files between your computer and your iPhone? Let us know in the comments!
This Post Has 8 Comments
I cannot thank you enough for the article.Really thank you! Keep writing!
Thank you, for sharing a very helpful article. Do you have a YouTube channel?
I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to
be just what I’m looking for. Would you offer guest writers
to write content to suit your needs? I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you
write concerning here. Again, awesome web log!
Yes! We’d love to have guest posts. Get in touch please – firstname.lastname@example.org.
I enjoy your blog site. very nice colors & theme.
Did you design this website yourself or did
you work with somebody to do it for you? Plz react as I’m seeking to design my own blog site and
want to understand where u got this from. many thanks. https://journal-pdf.com/user/kevonacr53
Hey! Yes, I designed this website myself. Although I’m using “design” rather loosely here. Everything is done with WordPress, including the theme (Twenty-Fifteen). Hosting is done by Dream Host.
Hey! Do you use Twitter? I’d like to follow you if that would be
okay. I’m definitely enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.
Yes! We are on Twitter @BadKoffeeClub.
Comments are closed.